The object was included in the State Register of monuments of local importance by the decision of Lviv executive committee №280 on 21 May 1991 and was given №1747-m (address due to the State Register 12 Kotsiubynsky Street, (actually it should be: 14 Kotsiubynsky Street)). The monument belongs to the communal and private property.
The building is located to the east of the downtown, on the corner of Kotsiubynsky St. and Plastuny St. The space composition of the building is solved in the combined system plan with the shift of one and two-story volumes. The building has a cellar under the whole volume. It is covered with complicated in shape roof. In the southeastern part there is a terrace, enclosed with metal grate. The flexibility of the fasades is solved by speakers and disengaging volumes, coupled narrow window openings, joined with head molding and sill cornices and arched windows and doorways, decorated with stucco and frame rust.
The monument was built in the beginning of the 20th century and is an example of the Secession villa. In the interwar period it belonged to the Polish state notary Jan Volnik. Now the building has been converted into a dwelling house with a couple of flats
The Memorial is an original example of Prague seccession and is closely connected with the history of the region during the twentieth century.