The object was included in the State Register of monuments by the decision of Lviv executive committee №280 on21 May 199 and was given №1752-m (address: 11,Zolota Street).
The construction is two-storeyed, rectangular, elongated along Zolota Street with a gabled roof. The ground floor is segmented with shallow rustication. The openings are without frames.
The decoration of the first floor bronze medallions with portraits of the classics of Polish literature Adam Mickiewicz (1798-1855), Jozef Korzeniowski (1797-1863), Juliusz Slowacki (1809-1849), Zygmunt Krasiński (1812-1852), made by famous Polish sculptor Antoni Popiel ( 1865-1910), as well as the window frames, sill moldings, crowning cornice.
In the window frame and eaves solution there was used a floral motive of secession nature. Wrought iron fences of the first floor balconies are secessional.
The building was founded in 1862 as a branch premise of Sambir bookstores of John Rosenheim. The bookstore had its own printing house, which operated until 1914. In 1886 this company passed to Rosenheim’s son- in-law, Felix West. In 1907 the bookstore was rebuilt into its present form. The institution worked until 1939.
Therefore, the monument played an important role in the cultural life of the town in the second half of the 19th –the first half of the 20th centuries and is an original example of Secession Art in the town. Now the ground floor of the building is used for trade, and the first one – for housing.