The object was included in the State Register of monuments by the decision of Lviv executive committee №280 on 21 May 1991 and was given a protective №1763-m (address: 16, 22nd January Street).The memorial is a communal property.
The building is located to the east of the downtown, at the corner of 16, 22nd January Street, and Shevchenko St.This is a rectangular building with a highlighted colonnade on the facade of Tuscan order and arched entrance. Three-dimensional arrangement is the central axial. It is a two-storey construction. The main facade is rusticated, the first floor is divided with eaves. Window openings are decorated with triangular and semicircular attic. In the central axis of the first floor there is a balcony furnished with a metal fence. There are the interior stairs.
The building was built in the first half of the 19th century. Modern appearance was gained at the beginning of the 20th century. At one time there was a well-known in the town hotel “Europe”. Since the late 1930s it had been used for the needs of Ukrainian business. After World War II military headquarters were located here, and then the regional military department was here. The building is an interesting model of neoclassicism in Brody.