The object was included in the State Register of monuments by the solution of Lviv executive committee №330 on 24 June 1986 and was given №674-m (address: 4 Kotsiubynsky Street). The monument belongs to the municipal property.
The house is located to the east of the downtown. It’s a three-storyed building with high-basement, “Г” -shaped in plan,with stick two volumes emphasized in terms of square tower, slightly higher from developed cornice and a triangular attic with four sides. Building roofs are gabled, the roof of the tower is a four-sided tent, swift with an apple and decorative spire. The groung floor of the buildings is decorated with rustication , the first and the second are gray with silica brick facing. The planning system – Corridor with Halls in the stairwell. In the courtyard of the house there is an adjacent rectangular two-storey, high construction – “prisoner’s house.”
The monument was erected in 1910-1913 years by architect Hipolit Slavinskyi. The construction work was led by Michal Dombrowski. With the exception of the war years up to 1941 the building was used as a court house, and in 1945 was transferred into pedagogical college. In 1988-1989 there was an overhaul of the building roofs. During the restoration work carried out by the regional studies and tourism cooperative “Brody”, the original appearance of the tower was restored, arranged tiled roofs cover instead of slate. In 2002 the south west side of the roof was replaced with tin shell and the remaining roof was re-blocked with red tiles about 2010.